5.9 miles from Lewiston Lake
A magical and dreamy respite from reality awaits at this extraordinary vacation rental home in northern California's gorgeous Shasta Cascade region. Situated on a historic 15-acre ranch, the one-of-a-kind cabin boasts a peaceful location, spacious deck, minimalist aesthetic, and more! With 1 bed, 1 bathroom, and a unique floor plan, the 'Cabin at Old Orchard' can host up to 8 guests.
**NOTE: The homeowner lives on the ranch in a separate house and may be present during your stay**
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom: King Bed, Queen Convertible Futon | Living Room: Windowsill (single-sized), 2 Twin Foldout Foam Mattresses (converts to king-sized when together) | Loft: 2 Twin Beds
The cabin is the guest house on a 15-acre ranch called Old Orchard, part of a historic homestead over 100 acres created during the Gold Rush. The property today includes the original orchard now gone wild, a younger functioning apple orchard, 3 meadows, an oak and pine forest, and miscellaneous gardens and fruit trees. A large barn, the homeowner's house, 2 studios, and your vacation rental cabin all make up the ranch today!
Beautifully and thoughtfully designed, this eco-friendly cabin boasts exposed beam construction, huge windows, and A-frame roofs. The sleek wood exterior is accentuated by red paneled French doors and sections of flagstone walls, complementing the front flagstone courtyard.
Inside this spectacular cabin, you'll find 2 spacious identically constructed rooms spanning 1,000 square feet with tons of light and a tasteful minimalist aesthetic. Curl up with a book on the extensive windowsill facing the lovely wooded outside.
The fully equipped kitchen is stocked with all the appliances, dishware, and cookware you'll need to whip up delicious homemade meals to be enjoyed in the comfort of your own home-away-from-home. Circle around the lovely 6-person patio table to dine al fresco in the fresh Northern California air. The spacious deck is surrounded by an open clearing with trees, providing ideal chances for spotting wildlife and bird watching!
Make your way to the expansive bedroom for peaceful slumbers in the plush king bed with intricate bedposts. Treat yourself to a bubble bath in the spa-like jetted tub before climbing under the covers. The room boasts soaring tongue and groove ceilings and floor-to-ceiling glass doors to the patio - rise early and slip outside to watch the sunrise!
Other travelers will climb the charming sliding library ladder to the open loft to snooze in twin beds - your kids will absolutely love this fun feature! The loft includes 2 huge skylights that can be easily opened and assist with the cabin's passive solar design, allowing the sun to heat the interior and cool itself when needed. This vacation rental home is truly one-of-a-kind and guarantees an unforgettable getaway in Northern California.
-- THE LOCATION --
Located in the charming old town of Weaverville and nestled in one the country's most beautiful mountainous regions, you'll find plenty of ways to spend your time whenever you leave the vacation rental property!
Weaverville sits in the Trinity Alps Wilderness in between the California Coast Ranges to the west and the Cascade Range to the east. The town boasts a tourist attraction status due to its original architecture of the California Gold Rush. The 'Cabin at Old Orchard' is situated just minutes from Main Street, where you can stroll past these lovely historic buildings and pop into delectable eateries, local boutiques, museums, and more - all with a stunning mountain backdrop.
The surrounding natural landscape includes mountain ranges internationally renowned for incredible hiking. Head to a handful of trailheads under 1 hour away, including Crystal Creek Falls Trail, Canyon Creek Trail, and Chamise Peak to explore the breathtaking beauty of the Shasta-Trinity National Forest. You also won't want to miss out on adventures in the Trinity Alps, a local favorite offering countless sought-after trails. Outdoor enthusiasts will also be ideally situated for other adventures like mountain biking, fishing, rafting, kayaking, and wildlife observation. If you're the superstitious type...keep an eye out for Bigfoot!
-- REST EASY WITH EVOLVE --
Evolve Vacation Rental wants your vacation experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it easy, we help you find a property you love, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our properties are safe, clean, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that?s on your mind. It?s a fresh new approach to vacation rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen with basic spices, free WiFi, ample parking, air conditioning, central heating, ceiling fans, complimentary toiletries, in-unit laundry machines, jetted tub, flat-screen Smart TV, high chair & pack-n-play, fire pit, charcoal grill, garden, 2 decks, outdoor dining table, pet friendly, and much more
- Incredible Northern California location in the Shasta Cascade region, nestled between the California Coast Ranges and the Cascade Range, and on the outskirts of the Shasta-Trinity National Forest. Situated on a secluded 15-acre ranch in the old Gold Rush town of Weaverville and surrounded by opportunities for outdoor recreation
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Sacramento International Airport (~196 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with fee (maximum 2 allowed)
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 21 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- Please note that the homeowner lives on site, in a completely separate unit, and may be present during your stay
- Please note that 8 guests can sleep comfortably in the queen bed, 2 twin beds, sleeper sofa, and 2 twin foam mattresses, but the maximum occupancy is flexible up to 12 with the use of the non-pullout couch, windowsill, and if you bring sleeping bags, air mattresses, or tents/hammocks for outside
- Please note that the property might not be suitable for mobility-impaired, due to some stairs required for accessing the decks and an old-school ladder as the only way to access the loft
- The property does have cell phone service, but it may be spotty since the property is located in a rural area